NEIL A. SHAH, MD, FAAD
Board-certified Dermatologist, Diplomate
Dr. Shah currently works as the founder and medical director of Clarus Dermatology, and serves as adjunct clinical faculty for the University of Minnesota department of Family Medicine and Community Health. In addition to clinical practice, Dr. Shah serves as the president of the Minnesota Dermatological Society, president of Doctors for the Practice of Safe and Ethical Aesthetic Medicine, founder of the Minnesota Independent Physicians Association, director of the Twin Cities Medical Society, and a founding director of the REAL Physicians Association.
Personally, Dr. Shah enjoys reading, travel, dining/cooking, skiing and spending time outdoors with his wife, three kids and Labrador retriever. Dr. Shah is an avid Twins, Cubs, Timberwolves and Chicago Bears fan (it’s not his fault, he grew up in Chicago).
Recent awards and recognition (selected by peers):
- Minnesota Monthly – Best Doctors 2015-2018
- Minnesota Monthly – Best Doctors for Women 2013-2018
- Minneapolis/Saint Paul Magazine – Top Doctors Rising Star – 2015-2017
- Best Doctors (national, top 4% of physicians) – 2017
- Medical School: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Internship: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN (internal medicine)
- Residency: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN (dermatology)
- State of Minnesota
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology (since 2011)